Wednesday, August 11, 2010

just watch


Engagements are such a private and personal moment.  One that the girl has always dreamed about and one that the guy has been thinking about since the moment he knew she was the one.  As my husband put it, "It's the one thing that the man gets.  The wedding is more of your thing, but the proposal...that's all us."  That's what makes them so personal.  The man you love, prepping for this huge, most romantic  moment.  For a proposal to be caught on tape at all is amazing.  But to be captured in such a beautiful way is what makes this one truly breathtaking.  This video was done by Stereo Waltz Films, and I think I speak for all of us when I say, thank you for this.

And here is the story, from the Groom, via bridepop.com   

Well, I made boxes for each month Amy and I dated (we’d been together for one year, so 12 boxes total)… in each box, I put an object that represented something special about that month. Then, I asked Amy to meet me at Caribou Coffee, the site of our first date. I asked twelve of her friends to hand deliver each box to Amy in sequential order, one after the other. I also asked my friend, Andy, a filmmaker, to secretly videotape the whole thing! So he was there too, catching it all on tape. Some of the boxes held objects or mementos that were serious, some that were sappy, and some that were funny. I wanted her to cry and laugh, all at the same time. The last box, which had the ring in it, was delivered to me… and that’s when I proposed.

 Yay for LOVE!  

3 comments:

  1. OH.MY.GOD. I'm in tears. That was so simple and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was beautiful! the part where she was just nodding and crying made me teary-eyed! and the part where he was reaching for her right hand instead of her left made me laugh. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally had a chance to watch this video, and I definitely teared up. I wish Matt's proposal was captured this way, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete