Monday, August 9, 2010

in the office

When I decided to start taking my love for weddings to a new level, I decided that I would be working from home as a full time wedding coordinator.  It was the best decision and one that I am happy I made, every single day.  We do not have a large apartment, so we had to get creative to make an "office" for me out of the space that we do have.  In order to make space, we rearranged our living room and I found this little beauty at Crate and Barrel that I thought would be perfect.  I didn't want a big ol' desk sitting in the room, which is why I love this because it's part bookcase and part desk.  I think it looks functional yet like it can be a part of the living room. 

image from crateandbarrel.com

We ordered this desk/bookcase combo back in early JUNE and it just FINALLY came in.  Talk about frustrating!  My husband and I went for a leisurely breakfast yesterday, then went to pick up the boxes of my desk.  I was so excited that I did a little dance in the loading dock.  However, I had a wedding yesterday, so as soon as we got home, I was off to help get two lovelies married!  I was kind of bummed because I just wanted to put my desk together after so many months of waiting for it to arrive.  

I got home just before midnight, with my dogs barking something awful, walked in the door, threw off the very non-supportive shoes that make said dogs bark and what did I see?

My desk all set up with my computer and files all in place!  It was such a wonderful surprise and made me feel so loved.  I am a very lucky lady.  And now I am blogging from my desk.  I feel fancy.  And productive.  

This week I am going to get it all set up with pretty pops of color and fun ways to organize things.  Hello, container store...here I come!  As soon as I get it all set up, I'll be sure to post a picture or two! 


No comments:

Post a Comment