Friday, January 29, 2010

Pie for breakfast

Last night I made a pie.  A lemon meringue pie.  And now I'm eating it for breakfast.  Don't judge...it's really ok.  I'm not a model anymore, I can eat pie for breakfast if I want.  How liberating!  There is something so satisfying about making a delicious pie.  I'm not sure why, but this is what I've decided while I sit here with my morning tea and piece of goodness. 

You know exactly how most pies are supposed to taste.  It's a universal thing.  I can make a great soup or some yummy chicken and when you taste it you say, "wow, that's good chicken!" but when you make a great a pie, it tastes exactly as it should and that's so rewarding!  It's like all the pie standards have been met and you were successful.  And last night, my friends, I was successful.   

I recommend making one.  Whatever your favorite is.  Or surprise your favorite person with their favorite pie.  Don't be daunted by pies...find a recipe that calls to you and get to baking.  DO it, you'll feel that satisfaction and reward of making a delicious tasting treat.  Then call me in the morning so I can come have some for breakfast!

please note this is not a picture of my lemon meringue pie.  but damn, I'd be good if it was! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment