Monday, January 25, 2010

Secret Recipe

I make great chili. Really amazing, deliciously yummy chili. It's one of my favorite things to make because you can put anything and everything in it and it always turns out delish.

I think this is why...I make a homemade chili seasoning mix, it's my secret. Although, not a secret now, because I'm sharing it with you. But I think everyone should have this in their pantry so they can make an amazing chili in a matter of minutes. Once it's made, store it in an airtight container and you'll be ready to go at any time.

Yosh's Chili Seasoning Mix

3/4 cup chili powder
2 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 Tbsp. dried oregano
2 Tbsp. dried minced onion
2 Tbsp. seasoned salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. dried minced garlic

Just mix it all together. That's it.

Typically, when I'm making traditional chili, I add 1/3 cup of the seasoning mix to the browned meat and sauteed veggies. Let that go for about a minute or two before adding all the tomatoes and beans.

I promise you'll love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment