Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wedding Wednesday - harry potter 7


I picked up Harry Potter 7 this week to refresh and remember before the movie comes out this weekend.  I had forgotten parts of it since I read it so long ago, and one part that had me giddy with anticipation for the movie is the wedding that I had totally forgotten about!  The wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour takes place in the eighth chapter of the novel and it's going to be so fun to see a Wizarding wedding on the big screen!  I'm clearly used to Muggle weddings only...so bring on the magic!  

As with everything in the book, J.K. Rowling does an incredible job of setting the scene for us.  I took a few notes from her detailed description of the wedding day and created an inspiration board for what I expect Bill and Fleur's wedding to look like in the movie.  

What proper British wedding would be complete without gorgeous, fun hats?  And no Wizard wedding would be any fun without butterbeer!  Here are a few other Wizard wedding highlights according to the book:

- a wedding cake topper of two model phoenixes that take flight when the cake is cut 
- champagne bottles that float through the crowd unsupported by anything 
- a shower of silver stars that falls upon the Bride and Groom as they are pronounced husband and wife

But my favorite part of the wedding chapter is a line that I think perfectly sums up every Bride (Wizard or Muggle) on her wedding day...

"While her radiance usually dimmed everyone else by comparison, today it beautified everybody it feel upon."  


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! This is just how I pictured it, and it actually looks a lot like the movie as well! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete