Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wedding Wednesday - black and white


I recently realized that it's been a while since I shared one of my inspiration boards.  I have dozens of ideas just floating around in my head at any point during the day, so thank you for letting me share them with you.  I was inspired by a traditional cameo for this board.  Traditional and elegant black and white done in a modern and chic way.  The blending of traditional and modern is what I feel I am really good at and this board is an expression of that.  So, enjoy!  



On a side note, I recently learned a very important lesson in inspiration boards.  Less is more.  Because I have so many ideas on how I would execute each vision, I tend to include every little thing down to the chairs and linens that I'd rent.  This isn't necessary.  For those of you who also like to create inspiration boards, remember that they are just that...inspiration.  As the designers, we know exactly how we would go about achieving this vision and we can express that to the client in detail meetings, but for the inspiration board the goal is to evoke a feeling.  So try (and trust me, this is hardest for me) to edit and keep it clean and simple.  I encourage you to make a board for yourself if you've got ideas swimming around in your head.  It's wonderful to be creative and you don't need to wait for someone to ask for a board, just make one for yourself.  Get out there and create!    

No comments:

Post a Comment