Monday, January 24, 2011

a packer dream

Yesterday was an incredible day.  The Packers beat the Bears to go to the Super Bowl!  The SUPER BOWL people!  It's beyond exciting.  However, while yesterday was filled with hugs and high fives, today I feel a little heart-broken.  Let me explain.

Adam went for a good luck ride before the game...in his jersey!  

I have a husband that loves the Packers so much, it is hard for me to describe.  I know that some of you feel the same way about your team, even possibly about the Packers, so you understand.  Yesterday, about ten minutes after the game ended, he was on the internet looking at tickets to the game and flights to Dallas.  Like a bunch of nutty fans, we booked two airline tickets.  I know.  Crazy, right?  He did some searching for tickets and got a great lead that we have been following up on.

After doing a little researching on my own today, I am realizing that this person is trying to scam us.  Trying to take our hard earned money for fake tickets.  And that breaks my heart.  Why do there have to be such mean and nasty people in this world?  And why do people want to treat each other that way?  It confuses me and it makes me very sad.  Adam wants to go so badly that I don't think he can see the scam, he's like a little boy who wants to buy a ticket to go see Santa in the North Pole.

I also feel sad that I can't afford to buy tickets from a super legitimate ticket source (like ticketmaster) because they are SO outrageously priced.  It breaks my heart that I can't just make his Super Bowl dreams a reality.  He does so much for me and makes me so happy, I only wish I could make this happen for him.

I know that we can cancel our flight and watch the Super Bowl here with our friends.  Maybe even throw a Super Bowl party and that it will still be really fun, but for now I feel a little heart broken about it.  I'm sorry for the venting and the downer of a post, but I just had to share how I'm feeling.

I'm grateful for you...the good people in the world who would never take advantage of someone trying to make a dream come true.

Whatever the outcome of this is, there is one thing I know for sure.  On Sunday, February 6th we will be cheering "Go Pack Go" no matter where we are!  I'm grateful that the Packers have made it this far and I know that whatever is meant to be will happen.

Mean people suck.

3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely killing me that prices are so ridiculous. I know it's not the same, but they are offering party plaza tickets outside the stadium for $200. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2011/01/for_200_you_can_stand_outside.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer, Jessi! I hope something pans out.. this would definitely make Adam's dreams come TRUE!!! I actually laughed on my way to work on Monday thinking about Adam coming home from his bike ride w/ his Packers jersey on. Ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo, mean people do suck. I just saw your comment on my blog. I am hading to Dallas. No tickets in hand yet but I have about 2,184 feelers out there and know that something will work out. I wish you guys were going to be there too! I had better hear you cheering from 2,000 miles away. GO PACK GO. Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete