Friday, January 14, 2011

loving guy

Recently, I've been watching a lot of Guy's Big Bite on the food network.  I love that he makes Asian inspired dishes since I've been wanting an Asian food show on there for a long time.  I'm half-Japanese but I didn't grow up in a household where we ate Asian food all the time.  However, we did have white rice with every meal, my mom makes a mean sweet and sour pork and my Dad's fried rice might change your life.  But I can't seem to master those family recipes.  I guess I'll just leave it to "the experts" and look forward to visits home to fill my belly with fried rice.  In the meantime, I've decided that I'm going to expand my kitchen repertoire into the Asian field.  I'm going to work on perfecting some dishes that I can make forever and someday my kids can count on my (fill in amazing dish here).

This week, I made one of Guy's recipes.  You can find it HERE and HERE (minus the toasted coconut...eww).  And it was deee-lish!  It was a lot of prep work, but totally worth it in the end.  I took a few quick pictures of how it turned out, but I was so hungry I forgot to put the fruit salsa on top before I snapped away.  I think this would be a great dish for a dinner party, because the presentation is fabulous and would definitely make an impression on your guests.

Yay for Asian food!



2 comments:

  1. Can you ask your dad to write a guest post about his fried rice? Please? Please? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! I love that idea! I'll see if I can get him to do it!

    ReplyDelete