Thursday, October 28, 2010

scones, check

Cross another one off the list.  After our apple picking trip, I have found myself with more apples than I know what to do with.  So today I made apple and cheddar scones.  I got the recipe HERE and I just ate one fresh out of the oven.  Yum!  It was a bit more like a biscuit than a scone, but I think that's because I didn't bake it long enough.  I was worried about them burning so I took them out early and as a result it's kind of biscuit like...which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I mean, who doesn't love biscuits?!  Next time I will add more cheese, since I didn't really get that sharp bite of cheddar I was expecting.  But for now, I can cross scones off my list.  And I'm not afraid to make them again, since they were pretty easy.  I think you should try it.  Have some friends over for tea and homemade scones.  What a lovely afternoon that would be!  Many incredible afternoons with some of the most meaningful woman in my life have happened over tea and scones.  So GO and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment