Friday, February 19, 2010

My Valentine

Valentine's Day is long over, but I've been so short on time, I didn't have a chance to post about it. 

I know it's a Hallmark holiday and all of that, but for me and my man it's special because on Feb. 14th 1999, I went on the first date with the man I would eventually marry.  I remember nearly every moment of that first night. 

him coming to the house to pick me up 
me innocently giving him homemade cookies
him giving me a huge bear hug in thanks 
the look on my Dad's face post big bear hug 
going ice skating and holding hands around the ice rink 
dinner and him ordering a glass of milk with his burger 
playing on the swings of his elementary school playground 
dancing in the plastic gazebo of the jungle gym
talking for hours
akwardly talking about the first kiss
waiting anxiously for the first kiss
 the first kiss

Eleven years later this man is my husband.  Here we are, circa February 1999, just a few weeks after our first date. 
 

Eleven years later and we feel like we're still just two young kids very much in love.  I'm so lucky. 

143, my milk ordering Valentine.  Always. 

1 comment: