Monday, February 27, 2012

oscar wrap up

I've blogged about it before and I'll blog about it again.  I love the Oscars.  Absolutely love them.  When we have a home that can fit more than five people, I plan on starting an annual Oscar party.  Dresses and baubles might be required...just saying.  

Last night did not disappoint.  While I didn't love every single thing about the show, there was a lot that I loved and here is my wrap up of all that made my heart sing last night.  

One word.  Meryl.  What a beautiful, human, authentic woman.  I thought the most touching moment of the night came just after they announced her name for Best Actress.  

"First I’m going to thank Don because when you thank your husband at the end of the speech they play him out with the music and I want him to know that everything I value most in our lives you’ve given me," 



I was pleasantly surprised by the many wonderful women that I put on my best dressed list (which I'm sure is the same as many of yours).  There were a lot this year!  These ladies worked it all night long!  


Stop it right now Miss Michelle.  She killed it in every way possible.  That pink clutch with possibly the most perfect dress?  That little whimsical bow brooch.  The delicate yet stunning diamond necklace.  Amazing.  

So simple, so striking.  She remains one of my favorite women in Hollywood.  But was anyone else wondering how that cape stayed on so well?  She must have not done any waving to the fans of America as she walked the red carpet.  


Viola, you inspire me.  I love the color, I love the jewels and I admire the "take me for who I am" hair.  


I loved this color and natural yet completely elegant feeling that this hilarious woman brought to the table. On a personal note, I loved that she went with dark nails.  


Loved it.  Loved the chunky bracelet.  Loved her as a presenter.  


Fierce.  Elegant.  Timeless.  


My favorite hair of the evening.  


It was a good year for Mr. Oscar.  Though I have one complaint but I'll blog about that tomorrow.  This post has way too much goodness and beautiful eye candy to bring up anything negative.  

What did you all think of the show?  The gowns?  The winners?  

It's exciting to think that a new year of movies and dreams of Oscars begin today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment