Monday, July 30, 2012

yogi bear

Lately, there have been a lot of changes happening around here and as a result I have let go of my personal trainer.  In addition, my habits of going to the gym have fallen to the wayside for wedding season.

I actually feel ok without the weight training, better than I thought I would.  But now I'm looking for something new to try for a while.  A friend of mine told me about this video and while I'm sure most of you have already seen it, I just had to share it.

I sat watching this video completely mesmerized by the beauty of it.  As the video drew to an end, I decided that I would like to try yoga.  Not because I think I will be able to achieve what she can do, but because she seems so at peace and that is what I want.  {her ridiculous body wouldn't be a bad thing to have either!}

She seems peaceful, content and complete.  She glows...she makes me want to try yoga.

I've always been intimidated by it.  I see the girls leaving yoga studios, smiling and laughing, headed into a coffee shop with their mats slug over their shoulders, and they intimidate me.  It's like they know something that I don't know.

I'm definitely scared to try something new, especially something that I literally know nothing about.  I'll be terrified to walk into the studio not knowing what's in store for me.  But I need to remember that it's good to challenge yourself and do something scary once in a while.  YES, it is.  So I'm going to DO it.  I'm going to take a deep breath and dive in...who knows, maybe soon I'll be walking into a coffee shop with my mat slung over my shoulder...and glowing.

Here's the video I mentioned....enjoy!  

 

XO,
J

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love to wake up to that every morning (the yoga AND the view). J, want to see you! Soon, please. We always say that...but really...so glad you've been back blogging, as of late. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you loved this video and that you are going to try yoga! Man I wish I could go to class with you. (the coffee and chat after would be fun too!) :)

    ReplyDelete