Tuesday, November 9, 2010

gold friends

"Make new friends, but keep the old, some are silver and the others gold," do you remember that song from your childhood?  Well, this week I have been blessed to be surrounded by old, new, silver and gold friends and it's been such a wonderful reminder of how special friends make your life.  

Sunday we spent my husband's birthday with twelve wonderful friends running around Magic Mountain.  

Last night I had dinner with my friends from my first job in LA.  We get together about once a year and laugh and talk until the valet brings us our keys because he's closing up shop.  

Tonight I get to see a friend from high school, the man behind this inspirational blog and story.  I cannot wait to get my arms around him and hear the stories of the journey that he's been on.  

And I'm thinking of making an impromptu road trip to Arizona this weekend to see some family and their new baby.  

I'm feeling full of love and incredibly blessed to have these people in my life.  It's a great reminder of that childhood song I remember so well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment